Attorneys in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice group represent clients affected by financial distress in bankruptcy cases, federal and state courts and out-of-court transactions in and around Chicago and across the country. While we provide a full range of services to our clients, our size enables us to do so in a practical and cost-effective manner. Our services include:
- Lender and Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy – We represent secured and unsecured creditors, investors, suppliers, customers, landlords, tenants, insurers and other parties in all aspects of chapter 11 reorganization and chapter 7 liquidation cases.
- Loan Workout/Out-of-Court Restructuring – We represent secured lenders in loan workouts, out-of-court debt restructurings, and orderly liquidations of borrowers’ business assets. We also represent sellers and buyers of distressed secured loans and loan portfolios.
- Bankruptcy Litigation – We defend clients against preference, fraudulent transfer, and other avoidance claims by debtors and bankruptcy trustees. We also represent clients in other types of bankruptcy litigation, including motions for relief from the automatic stay, to require adequate protection payments, to compel assumption or rejection of contracts and leases, and for allowance and payment of administrative expenses, claim objections, and plan confirmation disputes.
- Distressed Acquisitions and Investments – We represent purchasers of assets of distressed businesses in court-supervised and out-of-court transactions, including Section 363 sales, UCC Article 9 foreclosure sales, Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors proceedings, and state and federal court receiverships.
- Creditors’ Rights Litigation – We represent creditors in every type of collection/enforcement action, including: pursuing collection through state and federal court litigation, including judicial foreclosure, receivership, replevin, and citation proceedings; enforcing creditors’ rights and remedies under UCC Article 2 (Sales) and Article 9 (Secured Transactions); and enforcing clients’ rights and remedies in real estate collateral, including mortgage and mechanics’ lien foreclosure litigation, receiverships, and deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.
RECENT CASES & TRANSACTIONS
Our Bankruptcy and Restructuring team is regularly involved in cases and transactions of every type. Some of our most recent client engagements are highlighted below.
Insights And Case Studies
Are you interested in learning more about important new court decisions and hot-button issues in bankruptcy, restructuring, creditors’ rights litigation, and distressed transactions? Some of our team’s articles on these and related topics are below.
TENANT’S CLAIM TO RECOVER SECURITY DEPOSIT FROM BANKRUPT LANDLORD MAY BE TREATED AS AN UNSECURED LOANRead More
Third Circuit Rejects Triangular Setoffs as Not Satisfying Mutuality Requirement of § 553 of the Bankruptcy CodeRead More
Delaware District Court Overturns Bankruptcy Court Decision Disallowing Unsecured Claim for Post-Petition Contractual Attorneys’ FeesRead More
PartnerLender and Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy Litigation, Distressed Acquisitions and Investments
PartnerLender and Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy, Loan Workout/Out-of-Court Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights Litigation
PartnerLender and Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy Litigation, Creditors’ Rights Litigation
PartnerLoan Workout/Out-of-Court Restructuring, Distressed Acquisitions and Investments, Creditors’ Rights Litigation
PartnerLoan Workout/Out-of-Court Restructuring, Distressed Acquisitions and Investments
PartnerBankruptcy Litigation, Creditors’ Rights Litigation
CONTACT US FOR A CONSULTATION TODAY.
If you’d like to explore working with our bankruptcy and restructuring team, complete this form for a prompt response, or call 847-330-2400.